Call for Support:
We are in dire need of funds to execute this ambitious Project proposal. Contact us if you are interested in being part of or can contribute by supporting in any way in the realisation of the project: Contact
TITLE: Non Timber Forest Products (NTFPs) valorisation and marketing project.
LOCATION: South and North West regions of postcolonial Cameroon, West/Central Africa.
The majority of the people in both the South West and North West regions of present day Cameroon are basically peasant farmers who live in rural areas and depend on their harvest to sustain their livelihood. Non Timber Forest Products (NTFPs) gathering and commercialisation form a major part of their activities and contributes immensely to their income in the villages. Unfortunately, these products are bought at very low prices by traders trading in these villagers due to the low quality of the products. Sometimes the traders deceive the villagers and get the products cheap because the villagers have no idea about the market trends.
We hereby envisage building the capacity of the villagers to improve on the quality of their products and to also create good market channels for the sales of the products at the best price so as to improve on the livelihood of the peasant farmers.
- To improve (add value) on the quality of NTFPs produced in the South West and North West regions of Cameroon.
- To identify good market channels for the sales of the products.
- To improve on the livelihood of the villagers via sales of products at good prices.
- Identify/document pilot communities
- Identify/document the different NTFPs available and the seasons.
- Organise training workshops on NTFP value addition and preservation in different village communities.
- Provide necessary materials needed to improve on their products.
- Provide necessary preservation and processing machines
- Identify/document potential buyers and markets
- Organise meetings with the different stakeholders to agree on prices
- Create local markets for the sale of NTFPs
- Facilitate the transportation/sales of products to the local markets
- Facilitate the buyers to reach local markets
- Advertise the products and local markets
- Pilot communities identified and documented
- Different species of NTFPs and the seasons identified and documented
- Training workshops organised and villagers understand the basics of improving on the value of their NTFPs as well as preserving them.
- Materials for the improvement of NTFPs identified, documented and procured
- Processing and preservation machines procured and installed in the different pilot communities
- List of potential buyers and markets produced and distributed to the different pilot village communities
- Meeting with major stakeholders organised and producers know best prices and market trends.
- Local markets identified/build with local materials in the pilot village communities
- Agreement with local MINFOF produced and specific transporters identified
- Buyers reach pilot communities
- Advertisement flyers produced and distributed. Radio advertisement running in local media stations.
We are in dire need of funds to execute this ambitious Project proposal. Contact us if you are interested in being part of or can contribute in supporting in any way in the realisation of the project.